This is the first post in my blog, testwithPearl. Glad to have you here. This platform will be my channel to post about my journey as a tester, test tips & lessons learned, and on new skills and knowledge I continue to acquire as I hone my craft.Continue reading “Welcome!”
Think about your past for a moment. Now, during your childhood through your early adulthood, have you ever wondered what you wanted to be when you grew up? It’s a common question we often ask ourselves as we head into our early youth and adolescent years. I know I asked myself this question many times, but never figured it out then. I do not have it figured out now either. And, that’s okay. (Psst! I love to learn & try new things!) In fact, no one ever figures out their journey right away if they ever do. It never happens like that, unless you are one of the exceptional few! The journey of self-discovery and your potential career is an on-going, ever-changing, exciting and frustrating one. However, its through this journey, that we know what each one of us are capable of achieving and soaring for!
Arthur Ashe, a former 3-time Grand Singles American Tennis Player said, ”Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.” I could not have said it any better. Thanks Arthur. Continue reading “At A Glance – My Past, Current & Future”
Change is never easy, that’s why few people really become the person they are meant to be. It requires you to think differently than how you thought before. We all know each of us has something we need to get better on but to truly see transformational change…we need to:
1) Understand that there are baby steps needed to get where you need to go. Work toward it, but in a smart way. Avoid being distracted as best you can and focus on the end goal in mind.
2) Be Bold. This means you have got to find the confidence in you to believe in yourself.Once you start feeling confident about what you can bring to the table, your talents and skills to share, then others can see that shine factor in you.
3) Take risks. Life has a unique way of taking us in new directions if we let it. But I believe by taking risk in your career you establish independence in your personal growth and secure new learning experiences.
4) Learn for life. We need to be humble and be willing to learn from criticism and from others. It’s in this place where we find what areas we need to grow professionally and personally in.
What are YOU waiting for? Seek the change you wish to become and help others along the way.
Team work & collaboration are key to enable great software quality. Below are 6 tasks to do on a consistent basis:
1) Understand the key business processes
This helps set a firm understanding of the critical business operations and the stakeholders’ technology interaction to achieve their objectives. It will help you create /add to critical business test scenarios that are relied upon in everyday operations. You will add value by focusing on what matters for the business to run smoothly rather than on executing unnecessary test scripts.Continue reading “Your 6 go – to team tasks that enable improved software quality”
Thank you Emna Ayadi for an opportunity to interview with you about my journey in software testing! It was a blast🎊. Check out the article link below on her blog to see it!!
8 months ago, I was in a tough spot. I left a job during peak COVID times to take the time off needed to take care of my daughter, re-evaluate my career options, and to de-stress. During that time, I got a chance to interview with Emna Ayadi, an agile test coach and key contributor to Ministry of Testing to talk about my own professional testing career. I enjoyed the experience and was happy to share my knowledge with others.Continue reading “Gettin’ myself out there – An Interview with Emna Ayadi”